The Southern Yorke Peninsula Visitor Information Centre is located on Weaver Street, in the historic Post Office which was built in 1877. At the time of opening, there were 3 weekly mail services to Stansbury - two from Adelaide via Moonta, and one via steamer from Port Adelaide to both Stansbury and Edithburgh.
By the 1920s, the mail was carried on buses. Official operation of the Post Office ceased on 30th November 1984 and the building and land were sold privately. A postal agency was then conducted in part of these former Post Office premises prior to relocating further along Weaver Street.
These days, the building is utilised for the benefit of the community and our visitors. Our friendly staff are always willing to assist with your enquiries. There is an extensive range of information available for the local, Copper Coast and wider South Australian regions. The Centre also offers services such as photocopying, laminating and emailing and has a wide range of souvenirs, clothing, local produce, crafts, and giftware in stock.
The Centre is also proud to host the local Meals on Wheels service and the Stansbury Tidy Towns Group both of which play important roles in our local community.